The reasons for the high fuel consumption of screw air compressors
The large fuel consumption of screw air compressors is a difficulty that many customers will encounter when using the equipment. So what are the main reasons for the high fuel consumption of the screw air compressor? How do you usually maintain it? The oil and gas separation of screw air compressors generally requires that the amount of animal and vegetable oil in the compressed air treated with oil does not exceed 3ppm. If the oil content of the compressed air at the outlet of the screw air compressor exceeds the standard, it is called high oil consumption, which is often referred to as “running oil”. The common failure of “running oil” in the air compressor will not only accelerate the consumption of oil, but also lose the function of lubricating oil. For the common faults of “running oil” of the screw air compressor, the root cause analysis and solution are as follows:
- The filter element has not been replaced for a long time. Do not be careless in the daily maintenance of the air compressor, and do a good job in the daily maintenance of the air compressor on time.
- The oil and gas separation of the air compressor is broken. The function of the air compressor oil is to separate the oil in the compressed air to prevent the oil content of the compressed air from being too high.
- The oil return system is blocked. The overall blockage of the oil return will also cause the oil to not come out, resulting in an increase in the oil content of the compressed air. The solution is to clean and replace the new oil return pipe.
- Whether the oil content of the condensate discharged from the steam trap is increased, if the composition of the discharged condensate increases, the leakage point in the generator set needs to be checked and cleaned.
- Is there any problem with the opening pressure of the pressure valve? During work, if it is not running normally, fault detection is required, and the valve needs to be replaced if necessary.
- Oil quality. Removable screw air compressor grease.
7.Check whether the oil level of the compressor is high, if so, after removing the working pressure, drain the oil to the normal position.
Sollant Group-Professional Compressed Gas Solutions Provider