What are the performance requirements of screw air compressor oil?
According to the structure of the compressor, air compressor oil is divided into two types: reciprocating air compressor oil and rotary air compressor oil, each of which has three levels of light, medium and heavy loads.
According to the type of base oil, air compressor oil can be divided into two categories: mineral oil type compressor oil and synthetic type compressor oil. Air compressor oil plays an important role in the use of air compressors. It plays the role of lubrication, cooling, rust prevention, cleaning, sealing and buffering. The quality of air compressor oil directly affects the normal operation and service life of the air compressor. What are the performance requirements for screw air compressor oil? The editor organizes and edits the following content, let us take a look together:
- Base oil quality The quality of base oil is directly related to the quality level of air compressor oil products, and the quality of base oil is directly related to its refining depth.
- The fraction of the base oil should be narrow. The composition of the improved base oil is the key factor to improve the quality of the air compressor oil. The actual effect of injecting the air compressor oil composed of light and heavy components into the air compressor cylinder is not the same.
- Appropriate viscosity The thickness of the oil film increases with the increase of the viscosity of the oil, but the friction also increases with the increase of the viscosity of the oil. Low viscosity and weak oil film will accelerate wear and shorten the life of parts. Instead, deposits are produced in the exhaust ducts, valves, etc. Therefore, the viscosity of the oil should be appropriate.
- Better viscosity-temperature properties Generally speaking, the viscosity of oil products should not change too much due to temperature changes.
- The flash point should be suitable. If the flash point is high, the viscosity will also be high, and carbon deposits will easily occur, which may cause unsafe factors.
Sollant Group-Professional Compressed Gas Solutions Provider